Informations in english
Every year we get several requests from other countries about the Eulenkopf (owl head) Marathon Wuppertal.
Most of the questioners searches a big city marathon. So here are some explanations in english language:
- the owl head marathon is a little landscape marathon with about 200 participants
- Wuppertal is a german city near Cologne and Düsseldorf
- there is no chronometry! we run in 2 groups, one at 6mins/km (9:30mins/mile) and one at 6:30mins/km (10:30mins/mile).
Our Eulenkopflauf is not a race, it is a event where a lot of people run together in a smooth and comfortable speed. The Goal of the event is to have fun and meet other people with common interests.
- For people who don t want to run all 42km, there is a chance to run only 21km.
- there will be no gifts, no money to gain, no prizes, no inaugural money, no invitations for the embassy
- those, who are interested in such a familiar landscape marathon, are welcome :-)